10 Reasons to Buy the Noah Plan® Curriculum Guides…even if you don’t use the Noah Plan!
The Noah Plan® curriculum guides from the Foundation for American Christian Education are hefty tomes full of almost anything you need to know to teach a subject using the Biblical Principle approach.
“Biblical-Classical Education, the Principle Approach, America’s historic method of Biblical reasoning, places the Truth of God’s Word at the heart of education in every subject.”®
The Noah Plan® Curriculum Guides root every subject in the Bible and teach the principles of the Bible in every lesson of history, geography, literature, English, mathematics, science, reading, and art. But those who use a different approach can still gain a lot from FACE’s work.
The Noah Plan® Curriculum Guides deliver seven curriculum subjects, grade by grade, from kindergarten through twelfth grade for thirteen years of schooling. Each Guide has the entire scope and sequence, and the supporting content particular to the Principle Approach.
Dr. Carole Adams describes the Noah Plan best: “The purpose of the Noah Plan® curriculum is to be ‘an ark’ in which the American Christian spirit can ride the deluge of rising anti-Christian and anti-republican waters which threaten so often to inundate the nation.”®
10 Reasons to Buy the Noah Plan® Curriculum Guides for Your Homeschool
- Time lines. While not comprehensive, their time lines are well done and informative, and highlight the use of the subject for the advancement of the Gospel. They are helpful for planning the history of any subject, and cross-referencing to see what was going on in other spheres at a particular point in history.
- Resource lists. Especially in history and literature. They are a gold mine. In the history guide they are arranged historically. And their lists incorporate as many original sources and classics as possible for a book this size.
- Charts, forms and graphs. Especially in English and the line maps in History and Geography. And they have sample notebook grading charts and other teacher tools.
- The focus on Providential History. No matter what your approach, a Providential approach to history affects all subjects and shapes your Christian worldview. Each subject guide addresses that subject’s history
- Research. In the literature guide, the information on Shakespeare is almost worth the price of the book. In each guide they offer original documents and a view of a subject that is hard to find in other homeschool resources.
- Notebook examples. Even if you are not into traditional notebooking outlines and such, there are many examples of well thought out pages. They can inspire and challenge, or even help solve a problem.
- The passion. The authors of each guide are master teachers, and reading their guides can spark an interest, rekindle an excitement or reinforce an idea. Anyone can get on board with doing things well, even if you aren’t keen on the specific methods.
- The projects. Each guide offers ideas for projects that you can adapt to any unit study or textbook you may be using.
- Tools. Things like word studies and the elements of notebooking are things that any teacher can use. Word studies will serve you well in elementary school through graduate school. It is an invaluable skill. And tools like sample notebook grading sheets can give you a place to start when creating your own materials.
- Easy on the pocketbook. There is only one book to buy for each subject. It takes you from kindergarten through high school. All this goodness is wrapped up in one volume for each subject. The investment is only made once.
See samples of the guides here.
More Noah Plan®, Principle Approach® and Biblical Resources for Your Homeschool
- The Principle Approach® to Homeschool Education Series
- Walking with Jesus: Noah Plan Bible and Reading Program
- Principle Approach Basic Training
- The Rhyme Bible and the Jesus Storybook Bible
- Ancient Civilizations and The Bible
- Portals & prophets Biblical Time Travel Game
- Apologia Biblical Worldview Series
- Homeschool Science Curriculum: Simplicity, Excellence, and Biblical Perspective
~ Originally published May 2009 by Anna-Marie
– “The Noah Plan® and/or The Principle Approach® are registered trademarks of the Foundation for American Christian Education.”