Crowe’s Nest Media is offering Curriculum Choice readers a giveaway of a Monarch DVD plus the first 25 readers to use the special coupon codes below will be able to get a special discount on two Your Backyard products. Don’t miss them!
Earlier this year I reviewed Your Backyard Monarch DVD from Crowe’s Nest Media. I gave this DVD a glowing review and highly recommended it as a supplement to any homeschool science curriculum. Now, the Crowe Family has produced a downloadable resource to use along with the DVD:
Your Backyard Monarch Companion e-Study Guide – From Crowe’s Nest Media
This amazing resource is over one hundred pages long and is packed from start to finish with many ideas and projects for enriching the DVD viewing experience. I found the study guide colorful, inviting, and multi-leveled. Written from a Christian point of view, this study guide helps families marvel at God’s creation….focusing on the Monarch Butterfly.
You will need a copy of the DVD in order to fully use this Companion e-Study Guide and the author suggests that you view the DVD in full before starting, going back to view sections of the DVD again as you work through the Study Guide. There are concise Fast Review Facts to summarize the material in each DVD section for easy reference.
- After viewing the indicated sections of the DVD, there are a variety of follow-up activities to choose from depending on your available time and interest. There truly is something for every age in the Study Guide.
- Learning Pages – vocabulary, coloring pages, copywork (Biblical), maps. Additional review questions are in a variety of forms: fill-in-the-blanks, T/F, diagrams to label. Many of the review questions can be done as oral narration. An answer key is provided in the back of the Study Guide. For older students, the Study Guide has suggestions for further study.
- Monarch Mini-Book – All components are provided to print and make into your own mini-book with information from the DVD.
- Lapbook – Printable clever and informational lapbook projects are included to cement the main ideas from the DVD.
- Notebooking pages – Complete sets of Monarch themed notebooking pages are included in the Study Guide for use along with the Learning Pages for copywork, vocabulary, and for further study options. (Two complete sets with varying sizes of lines for younger and older students are included.)
Highlights of the Your Backyard Monarch Companion e-Study Guide
- Appropriate for families using the guide with a variety of ages of students.
- Flexibility to use the Study Guide for a long afternoon of learning or spread out over several weeks.
- Activities to extend the Monarch Butterfly study to other areas of science like botany and ecology.
- Activities to fit every style of learning, plenty of hands-on learning, and extended nature study with projects and citizen science suggestions.
- Perfect companion to the Handbook of Nature Study sections on the Monarch Butterfly.
- Reasonably priced at $10.95. Immediate download available.
I would love to personally thank the Crowe Family for their dedication to not only entertaining us with their beautiful visual display of God’s creation, but also helping us become thoroughly educated about the magnificent Monarch Butterfly. This Companion e-Study Guide is going to provide many families with the ability to extend the learning past the last minutes of the Your Backyard Monarch DVD.
You can purchase the Your Backyard Monarch DVD and e-Study Guide as a set for a reduced price along with a certificate for 3 live Monarch caterpillars!
Just in case you missed the Your Backyard Monarch DVD review, here is the trailer!
How awesome is that!
Special Discount Codes for Curriculum Choice Readers!
Your Backyard DVD Bundle (including both the Bird DVD and the Monarch DVD)
$24.95 (regular $32.95)
Coupon Code: Choicebundle
Your Backyard Live Monarch Butterfly Kit
(including Monarch DVD, 100-page plus study Guide, and a coupon for 3 caterpillars)
$24.95 (regular $34.95)
Coupon Code: Choicekit
You can visit Crowe’s Nest Media on Facebook.
Now for the giveaway!
Written by Barb-Harmony Art Mom. I blog at Harmony Art Mom and am the creator of Harmony Fine Arts. I would love for you to join us for the Outdoor Hour Challenges at the Handbook of Nature Study.
What a great giveaway. We love nature study. Thanks!
We really want to study these this coming year.
Heather Dow says
Looks awesome! Would love to win.
Andrea H says
I was just looking at this the other day! We would love to win this! We will be studying butterflies and caterpillars next year!
We have never watched that with out children yet!
Sara @Happy Brown House says
We recently watched the butterfly life cycle at our house using a kit, so we are really into butterflies! I would love to win!
kel white says
We havent watched the life cycle with my little ones yet but I would love too.
Heather Brandt says
I have not watched the life cycle of the monarch yet but hope to some day.
Rebekah Kuriakose says
I haven’t watched the DVD yet, but it looks fantastic!
Lucynda Caceres says
We haven’t watched yet, but my son is a butterfly enthusiast.
My DD would love this!
Wendi S says
We’ve read about the monarch changing from a caterpillar to a butterfly but we have never watched it.
We attended a ranger talk about monarch butterflies at Shenandoah National Park. It was great fun for my little one to learn about the lifecycle. We have some caterpillars in our yard we suspect are monarchs!
This looks awesome!
We have never watched the life cycle of the butterfly but we are planning a study for this summer and this DVD would be a great addition. Thanks for the giveaway!
Heather V says
No I have not. Would love to though!
Ellen, the Bluestocking Belle says
Barb, this looks marvelous! I wish I could see a monarch in my backyard, though. I’ve only seen them in butterfly houses at nature centers…