Are you looking for comprehensive, easy to use nature study resources? Have you ever seen The Handbook of Nature Study? Well, it might just be the thing for you! Come check out our reviews and resources for using this as your nature study go to!
Affiliate links are used on this website. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
All About The Handbook of Nature Study
What is it?
The Handbook of Nature Study was originally written by Anna Botsford Comstock in 1911 for those elementary school teachers who knew little of common plants and animals, and even less about the earth beneath their feet and the skies overhead! It was revised in 1939 by a group of naturalists.
In 2020 The Handbook of Nature Study was updated again. This time to include full color images, as well as to break the 900+ page book down into 7 smaller volumes:
- Introduction to Nature Study, Fish, Reptiles, Amphibians, Invertebrates
- Mammals, Flowerless Plants
- Trees, Garden Flowers
- Earth and Sky
- Wildflowers, Weeds, Cultivated Crops
- Introduction (optional extra)
Homeschool Nature Study: Bringing the Handbook of Nature Study to Life!
Our sister site, Homeschool Nature Study has everything you need to bring The Handbook of Nature Study to Life!
1. Get started with the FREE Getting Started in Homeschool Nature Study Guide
Just how do you get started in homeschool nature study? How do families participate in the Outdoor Hour Challenges? It is so simple to get started and we will show you how. Grab this free Homeschool Nature Study Guide and discover the joys of nature study in your homeschool.
2. Homeschool Nature Study Blog
Soak up years of experience and knowledge via the blog!
3. Outdoor Hour Challenges
These challenges encourage each family to spend fifteen to twenty minutes each week focusing on nature study close to home in their own backyards, neighborhoods, or local parks. No fancy equipment is necessary and the challenges help families make the small steps needed to get started. (Included in membership)
4. What does the Homeschool Nature Study membership include?
- 26+ Outdoor Hour Challenge Homeschool Curriculum ebooks on many nature topics
- Three NEW courses for moms – The Outdoor Mom, Nature Journaling and Nature Crafts courses!
- Monthly features from 65+ past newsletters! Each newsletter is filled with encouraging articles from homeschool moms using the Outdoor Hour Challenges in their homeschools
- All NEW homeschool nature study curriculum courses – click through and easily find what you need
- All NEW and nature study plans and activities during your membership year
- A Monthly Calendar with a Homeschool Nature Study Prompt for Each Day
- A sampling of nature video art lessons from You ARE an ARTiST
–>> Learn more about the Homeschool Nature Study Membership Here <<–
More from Here at TCC
The Handbook of Nature Study Book for Homeschool
Living Book Press Handbook of Nature Study
Outdoor Hour Challenges – from The Handbook of Nature Study
Leave a Reply