I consider finding a good grammar curriculum one of the important foundations for my kids. We have tried several different ones. Each one was good in their own ways but just not right for my kids. When I was introduced to Growing with Grammar (GWG) I decided to give it a try. I am so very glad that we did. It has made teaching grammar easier than I thought it could be.
- Growing With Grammar includes the student workbook and answer key for each level. Levels 3 and up also include a student learning manual that is considered the teaching portion of the lessons.
- Each level of GWG includes 108 lessons. The curriculum author bases this on using the curriculum 3 days each week.
- You will also receive an answer key so that you can check your child’s work with ease.
What we like about this curriculum:
- I love how the lessons are easy to understand, making the curriculum self teaching.
- Growing with Grammar allows plenty of review with each section, making sure that the concepts are understood.
- I love how easy on our budget this curriculum has been for our family. With it being so affordable it was easy to step out and try it.
- Another great perk is that the levels coincide with the grade levels and seem to be very true to that. So there is no second guessing what level to place your child in. I love that!
This curriculum has not only made my life easier, but it has made grammar less of a chore in our family. I am currently using level 2 with my second grader, and level 4 with my fourth grader. As soon as my twins are finished with kindergarten they will be getting started with level 1.
Growing with Grammar is available by going to www.growingwithgrammar.com. They also have a diagramming curriculum that you can use alongside the grammar if your would like for your older children to have more practice.
~Heather is a homeschooling mom of 5 years to 4 incredible children! She lives Oklahoma with her husband of 11 years. Heather enjoys reading and blogging at Cook Family Chronicles with a hot cup of coffee in hand.