As Roman Catholics, First Communion is a monumental step in the faith life of a child. As parents we want to do our best to help our children understand the Sacrament of Holy Communion and prepare them for it. We want their first time receiving to be special, an experience that stays with them their whole life, upon which they can build their relationship with Jesus. Sometimes it’s difficult as a parent to know where to begin. Communion is a challenging faith concept. We need good resources that support and aid us in helping them in draw near to Christ through the reception of the holy gift of Communion.
Here’s what is included:
- Basic prayers to know for First Communion and Reconciliation ( A few forms of Act of Contrition- This was very helpful.)
- Importance of receiving communion ( I used this portion as a review for my child and to initiate discussion.)
- 30 Family activity ideas
- Instructions for Making a First Communion Banner
- Examples of First Communion Banners
- First Communion Resources– A wonderful section that gives you numerous links to resources for First Communion Parties, Crafts, Games, Lessons, Worksheets, Color Pages, Attire, Invitations, and more. It even includes a few supportive links for parents who have children with special needs.
- 24 pages of printable First Communion banner patterns
The First Communion printable patterns in this resource are so beneficial! I know I will use them for years to come for many Catholic projects in our homeschool. Shapes included: Dove, Chalice, Cross, Grapes, Heart, 10 Commandments, Host, Wheat, Bible, Candles, Stained Glass Window, Chi Rho symbol, Monstrance, Rainbow, Sun, Church, Angel, Fish, Flower, and Alpha & Omega.
Here’s an example what a pattern page looks like:
Others ways this resource can be used:
One of the really nice features about this book is that you can use it beyond First Holy Communion and for your younger children when it’s their time. As a homeschooler, your investment will last for years through the printables and activities. We used this book as a review and to guide us in some projects and discussion on the Blessed Sacrament. I really liked that it included a few different versions of the act of contrition which we had been looking for. We also made an Adoration Bag for my son to bring with him to adoration from the patterns and we plan to make a banner for our homeschool room. The banner patterns can be used in numerous ways for many Catholic crafts and projects through out the year.
Where to buy First Holy Communion Preparation and Printables:
First Holy Communion Preparation and Printables is available from Many Little Blessings for $5.50. It’s a wonderful price for all the activity links, banner instructions, party suggestions and resources, and educational resources not to mention all the wonderful banner patterns! Another way that you can use this e-book is as a resource with a group, such as a CCD class, children’s church, or for other parish activities. It’s is available for group license as follows:
- Average Group Use: 12 or Fewer Children per Academic Year – $15.00
- Average Group Use: 13 – 25 Children per Academic Year – $25.00
- Average Group Use: 26 – 50 Children per Academic Year – $40.00
- Average Group Use: 51 – 75 Children per Academic Year – $60.00
- Average Group Use: 76 – 100 Children per Academic Year – $85.00
- Average Group Use: 101+ Children per Academic Year – $100.00
While remaining easy to use, this resource still gets to the heart of such an important sacrament. Whether you homeschool or not, this is the perfect Catholic resource for parents who want to get involved in preparing their child for First Holy Communion.
Win a free copy of First Communion Preparation and Printables:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Unit Studies by Amanda Bennett: Your Passport to Learning Adventures!