Do you have a young learner who is eager to learn to read?
Are you looking for a good, easy-to-use, phonics program?
How about a well-researched phonics program?
Explode the Code offers all of these and it is a great way to introduce phonics and early reading to your young ones. You can do early phonics with Explode the Code Primers.
Do Early Phonics with Explode the Code Primers
Each primer introduces a group of consonants, their sounds, with fun activities on each page. The Explode the Code primers for K include:
- Get Ready for The Code (Book A)
- Get Set for The Code (Book B)
- Go for the Code (Book C)
All of these Explode The Code primers offer easy to do and fun phonics learning. Each primer follows the same format, with illustrations drawn by children throughout the books. Each of the lessons uses a predictable sequence, and takes about a week to complete. My kindergartener quickly learned the sequence, and loved knowing what was coming next.
What is included in Explode the Code?
Each Explode The Code Primer lesson consists of the following activities:
- Which picture is different? (visual discrimination)
- Trace the letter
- Say the name of the picture and the letter’s sound
- Circle the correct letter
- Follow the verbal directions
- Circle the picture that fits the verbal description
- Trace the letter and write the letter
- Mark the picture that starts with the letter
This same sequence is, then repeated with the next letter. Repetition really helps retention and each skill builds on the next. My daughter was soon working on her primer herself, with me close by. As she “read” the pictures, and said the consonant sounds, etc, she soon became confident with the program.
Once your child is finished with Primer A, she then can go onto Primer B, and C. All of them cam easily be finished in one homeschool year. By then, your student would have learned the sounds and shapes for all the consonants as well as how to write them. When your student is ready, she can move on into Explode the Code 1 and onward towards reading success!
Explode the Code Primers offer an easy to do, fun introduction to phonics! Pairing these primers with read alouds, library visits, or nighttime story time, you will have a complete early reading program for your child. Your reading program does not have to be complex to be complete and successful.
If you are looking for a well researched, and complete early phonics program, our family recommends the Explode the Code Primers.
Click here information on these and the rest of the Explode the Code series.
PURCHASE EXPLODE THE CODE
- Explode the Code is available on-line! That’s right you can now access Explode the Code on your iPad or favorite tablet device!
- Explode the Code is very affordable, less than $10.00 a workbook. You can find them at Educators Publishing Service and from many online homeschool curriculum stores like ChristianBook.
- Buy in sets or in singles at Amazon.
- Rainbow Resource often has Bargain Buy versions available. “Bargain Books” are brand new items that have minor physical blemishes due to shipping or handling that do not affect the use of the item.
MORE EXPLODE THE CODE REVIEWS HERE AT THE CURRICULUM CHOICE
- Get Ready for the Code Review – This fun pre-literacy workbook series (prek-1) teaches the 21 consonants, and their sounds as well as letter formation through visual, auditory, and kinesthetic activities. Check out this review from Cindy.
- Explode the Code – Explode the Code is a multisensory phonics program for grades pre-K -4, geared towards improving literacy with direct, systematic, phonics instruction. It can be a complete phonics program or a supplement to what you are already using. Check out this review.
- Explode the Code – Explode The Code’s classic print program includes a sequence of skills-based student books with coordinating placement tests and instructional support. Build the essential literacy skills needed for reading success: phonological awareness, decoding, vocabulary, comprehension, fluency, and spelling with the Explode The Code series. Check out this review from Betsy
Betsy blogs at BJ’s Homeschool, about the early years, high school & college and wrote the book – Homeschooling High School with College in Mind. She offers FREE homeschool help through messages at BJ’s Consulting.
Leave a Reply