Need something to break up the hum drum of learning diagramming? If so, this may be the perfect thing for you! The Big Bad Grammar Slammer: The Diagramming Game is a unique way to incorporate learning with fun. Students start with the tutorials, learning the sentence structure and proper diagramming process, then they get to play the game. The game can be played as an individual, a competitive group or a non-competitive group working together.
This is recommended for grades 5 through 12 and consists of 95 pages. The tutorials covered are: sentence skeleton, nouns, adjectives, verb tenses, adverbs, misc sentences, and compound/complex sentences. The forty lessons can be completed in eight weeks.
We were provided the ebook format, printed it off and laminated the clue cards.
From their website:
A light-hearted grammar curriculum that produces confident writers with correct grammar and punctuation
What It Gives Your Students (and you)
- Grasp how the parts of speech work
- Confidence constructing complex and compound sentences
- Correct punctuation
- A low-stress, student-friendly, educational experience
The Big Bad Grammar Slammer is particulary great for students who are burnt out trying to master seemingly non-relevant grammar terms in a workbook.
What It Covers
- Module A The Sentence Skeleton
- Module B Nouns
- Module C Adjectives
- Module D Verb Tenses
- Module E Adverbs
- Module F Miscellaneous Sentences
- Module G Compound/Complex Sentences
What You Get
- Instructor’s Guide – no need to purchase additional materials for the teacher
- Tutorial on Grammar and Parts of Speech
- 6 modules
- 37 lessons
- 10 minutes a day for less than two months
- Diagramming Game with Instructions
- Clue Cards
- Three Ring Binder
- (You can also purchase the e-book without the binder.)
This is available in hard copy ($23.95) or ebook ($18.95) and can be ordered HERE.
Here’s praying you have fun learning!
Come visit Dawn over at her blog, Guiding Light Homeschool, on Facebook and on Twitter…friends are ALWAYS welcome!
Leave a Reply